Sunday, August 5, 2018

Day three of the Eurovelo6 bike ride across Europe. Today's ride took us from LesPonts-de-Ce to Beaumont-en-Veron-a mere total of 47 miles. The trek took us through the small villages of the Loire valley. Each had their own church, narrow roads and that prototypical French berg atmosphere. The largest city we rode through was Samaur. Our route took us through the church square with a guitar player entertaining the lunch crowd. Going a tad off course we rode through an actual outdoor restaurant. I thought I might ask one of the patrons if I could have a sip of his beer. But, I'm too cultured to do so. 
The weather was brutefully hot reaching near 100 degrees. I was smart enough to SAG the last 12 miles to preserve myself for the next 27 days. We all ate at a nice restaurant and are again very weary.
On another note, many people told me that one could only get warm beer in Europe. Not true. Have not had any since I've been over here. Yet, finding ICE is nearly impossible. Grocery stores do not sell it, gas stations do not sell it and the only way I can get some to ice my knee is to ask a bartender and tell them it is for medicinal purposes. Never knew that.
Until tomorrow!

                                                  Typical church in small towns
                                                   Our stay for the night. A cool chateau
                                               Rock caves
                                                             Image of typical small French hamlet
                                                        Main house on the chateau grounds
                                                        Entrance to our stay at the chateau

No comments:

Post a Comment