Tuesday, May 25, 2021


 

Outside riding combined with trainer indoors.  Particularly rainy season currently so indoor biking is the rule.  But I was able to ride to one of my favorite destinations, Spring Valley.  It is a 50 miler with challenging hills going into the town.  With a favorable wind I was thinking it was going to be a non eventful trek.  And, in fact, that was almost the case.  Coming into town and gearing up for the mile of climbing out of the Illinois River valley, I was a half mile from the end of the ride.  So, what event?  Chugging along in granny gear and riding on the extreme right, often through parking spaces on the street, a black hillbilly pick-up comes up behind me.  The driver passes me slowly and after passing guns the engine so black diesel smoke spews from it's tailpipe.  That is a tactic known as "dieseling.  It happened a few time in Carbondale.  I just wonder what kind of jerk would do this and do they know the potential disastrous effect it could entail.  Anyway,  other than that is was a great day for riding a bicycle in Central Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment