Saturday, May 15, 2021

 


 Yesterday came close to being the end of my biking career.  Two blocks from my house, just finishing my 30 mile ride, a car came around the corner at the end of the block.  As it approached it stayed in my lane and was headed directly for me.  Looking for a bailout area there were no reasonable options.  A curb blocked a quick escape.  And the car was still heading for me in my lane.  I thought about just falling and let the car run over my bike.  And the car was still heading for me in my lane.  My only hope was to yell at the top of my lungs so the driver could hear me.  And the car was still heading  for me in my lane.  About 5 feet before contact the driver diverted barely missing me.  As it passed I noticed the window was half way down and I made the driver keenly aware of my displeasure in his idiotic driving.  Yes, I did use some unseemly language that I don't regret using.  You think the driver would stop?  Hell no.  It kept driving like nothing was wrong.  It was probably a good thing the driver didn't stop as I was not a happy camper.  Unfortunately, as I was close to home, my bike camera was not turned on so I could not record this.  But, that was about as close a call as I've had without actually being hit.  Another exciting adventure biking in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment