Wednesday, May 5, 2021

                                                                         Splat!!
 

Weather has permitted outside riding but it has, for the most part, been windy. I now have two distance rides depending on wind speed and direction.  Wind speeds more than 15 mph and I will engage in longer distance rides.  Anything from a southerly direction and I will ride 50 miles to Spring Valley.  Anything from the northerly direction and I will do a 55 miler to LeRoy.  Last Thursday was an interesting ride to LeRoy.  I encountered three road kills, two possums and a racoon.  And I ran over two of them.  Riding a small shoulder on route 150 I saw a dead animal in the road. A car was approaching with no oncoming traffic.  Just as I began an evasive tactic to my left, the approaching car blared it's horn at me and did not move over to allow me room to avoid the carcass.  Therefore, I had to run over it.  Fortunately, it did not through me from the bike.  A few miles up the road was another dead possum that I did not see until to late.  For some reason my eyes were looking elsewhere and before I realized it, it was to late and I ran over this one.  Wow, two in one ride.  And again it didn't cause me to crash.  Another few miles up the road and a dead racoon appeared on the shoulder.  This time I carefully avoided the dead animal and finished my ride.  Two hits and one miss and no crash.  A great ending to a great day of riding my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment