Tuesday, December 10, 2019


Rehab update-Physical therapy is finished.  Any more improvement will be on my own.  Currently I still do exercise to increase flexion at the gym using the recumbent and upright.  The therapist indicated I should continue my routine another 6 weeks so I do not lose what I've gained.  My last session on the upright was to be followed with a 5 mile ride outside.  However, the weather turned windy and cold so I cancelled it.  Looks like I won't be able to ride outside until the spring.  In the meantime I will continue  getting better using my trainer in the basement and the bikes at the gym.  In addition I do pool therapy once a week.  It's been 4 months and I am pleased with my progress.  Is the knee 100% healed? No, and probably will never be.  But as long as I am functional both walking and biking, I will be satisfied.  The holiday season is upon us so who knows.  I might just wander into warmer climate states and see how the biking goes.  Just so it is known, one of the people I rode with across country and on the east coast ride, Al Newman, is organizing a two week bike trip in Africa.  If my knee were up to it I would have signed up for that experience.  I have wanted to ride on the African continent for a few years and that would have been my chance.  But, alas, it was not to be.  Oh well... Updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment