Saturday, December 14, 2019


The temperature hit 50 degrees yesterday, Friday the 13th.  After a morning therapy session, an hour and a half workout at the gym on the recumbent and upright bike, I decided to do a 5 miler outside.  Cruising along Wilmor approaching Chelsea, a car pulls out into my lane.  I was loud enough so that the car swerved to avoid hitting me and fell in behind me.  A pedestrian yelled at me "get that bike off the road".  It showed incredible stupidity on their part.  It is illegal for a bicyclist to ride on the sidewalks and I informed this individual of that fact.  I had almost forgotten how dangerous it can be to ride a bicycle in this area. but this episode reminded me of that fact.  I could have ridden further but decided to not push it.  And yes, it's not far compared to my other rides but at least it's a start.  I hope to ride a century by my birthday next September but we will see.  More updated later.

No comments:

Post a Comment