Tuesday, May 1, 2018


Finally, got a chance to ride outside.  Took advantage of an excellent day and completed my first century of the season-Washington to Champaign.  Wind and weather cooperated, at least at first.  The first 77 miles were uneventful but as I was leaving Mahomet, the wind changed.  From the north for the first third to a nice WNW the next third I looked forward to the last 20 miles.  But, while resting in Mahomet at the gas station, I noticed the large flag across the street was blowing from the SW.  I hoped I was wrong but as I made my turn onto Rising road, I began riding into a 15-17 mile wind. Wouldn't have been so bad but it was the last stage of my ride which made it more difficult.  The good news is that, while it took longer than expected, I finally rode into Champaign at around 4:15 pm.  Still not bad since I began the trip at 10:00 am.   All's well that ends well.  Hopefully, the last of the frosty weather has ended and we can start a normal spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment