Tuesday, May 8, 2018


Ahhh.  The weather has finally turned to spring.  Since my ride to Champaign  I have begun my daily routine, including a ride to Leroy (55 miles) last Friday.   Good wind but not very strong-5 to 10 mph from the NNW.  On particularly windy days I still use the rec center to get my daily exercise.  No big rides planned but who knows, I'm getting "cabin fever".   Maybe a ride through Europe would be a welcome addition as my next adventure but who knows.  Stay turned. 
On another note, my cycling pictures shows me with a wrap around my knee.  That has been a routine since my distance rides began in 1996 following knee surgery.  Riding has never really bothered it.  In fact, it often relieves the soreness and stiffness.  After each ride I give it a thorough icing.  On occasion I have given thought to having knee replacement but after a ride the knee feels better so I don't give it a second thought..  Until, last Friday.  The knee did not respond as previously described so I may look into the possibility of replacement.  However, I hope it won't happen until after the summer season.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment