Monday, May 28, 2018


 Of all my biking jerseys, this is the one motorists show me the most RESPECT. With oncoming traffic, 78% give me the entire lane when passing and when t...raffic approaches in the opposite direction 82 % slow down and pass very carefully. On another note, today's 40 miler was quite interesting; perfect weather with 90 degree temps and mild winds. Now, here is the interesting part. Starting out the wind was blowing from the SE, which was the direction I would do my first 20. No problem, I would have it at my back on the return ride. Leaving Goodfield on the return section, the wind shifted so it was coming from the North; the direction I would be riding. So, most of the 40 miles was against the wind. Now, I have ridden further into stronger winds but I had not anticipated this.
Pondering the situation, I came to the realization the "wind fairies" were doing me a favor. Realizing at my advanced age I should probably not ride in 90 plus degree temps (mad dogs and Englishmen, you know who you are- Harry and Tony) they changed wind direction so I would not overheat. I can image the bewildered look on their faces as they queried "What the _ _ _ _ is that fool doing?" " He needs our help." Therefore, they made sure I had wind in my face the entire ride. There, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment