Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Weather-57 degrees Wind-ENE 8 mph


Last two day biking averaging over 40 miles per day. Backing down on the training. Today's ride was a piece of cake with the wind at only 8 mph from the east. This is the first relatively non-windy day in the last two weeks. Since I don't have a computer on the loaner bike I'm riding, I can't discern the precise distance or speed so it is an approximation. Interestingly enough, the rides seem somewhat easier since I'm not challenging myself to maintain a certain speed. Also, with all the recent rain, many farm fields look like they have lakes on them. Water was pouring over the dam at Eureka lake and flooded all the low area east of it. I have never see it do that. I'm sure the farmers are not to happy since planting season has started.

On another note, many people have suggested as I do my cross country ride it would be an excellent opportunity to raise money for a worthy charity. There are many worthy charities that would benefit from this, but I have researched one I feel is extremely important. Therefore, I am going to attempt to raise money for the Alzheimers Association and in particular, the Peoria Chapter of the Alzheimers Association. More information will be added at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment