Thursday, June 13, 2024



 

Two days last week were perfect for my anticipated 100 mile ride.  Last Monday the temp was a nice 70 degrees with the wind from the NW at 15-29 mph.  However, other situations happened where I was unable to do the ride.  So, last Sunday conditions were similar but church and other obligations prevented it.  I accomplished 4 days of riding outside so at least that was something.  In addition, I aggravated an old hip injury but I feel that would not substantially affect my ability to complete 100 miles.  I must now wait for conditions that will enhance my chances of completing the ride.  Unfortunately, the next week the temperature will be in the 90's and I won't do long rides under those conditions.  I will continue to wait patiently for the weather to improve and feel confidently that I will be able to complete the ride sometime this summer.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment