Thursday, June 20, 2024


 

Heat Heat Heat.  95 plus for the last week.  Not to be defeated, I repeated my 35 mile ride to Magnolia when it was 93 degrees with a 15-20 mph wind from the SW.  Was it hot?  Yep. But I tell people I have ridden in hotter weather.  My friends reminded me that I was much younger when I rode in those conditions.  I had to remind them my Europe ride three years ago was when they were in a massive heat wave and we rode in 100+ temps.  Nevertheless, it was hot and I looked forward to the air conditioned van that picked me up.  In the interim I ride on my trainer in the basement.  I might be the Goldie Locks of bikers.  "This day, it's too cold,  this day it's too hot...this day it's too windy and on and on.  Criteria for an outside ride goes like this.....wind less than 10 mph, and temps between 60 and 85.  Those conditions prevail probably less than 50 percent of the time.  I could always change the criteria especially if I were to bike earlier in the day in the summer and later in the day in the Spring and Fall.  So there it is.  I'm still wondering when my first century in two years will happen.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment