Friday, June 18, 2021


 

Wednesday was a fine day for a bike ride.  Started out with mild winds and temps in the low 80's.  Heading south I noticed a storm cloud in my path.  I had four choices. First do I take shelter until the rain passes?.  Second do I attempt to out run the rain?  Third, do I attempt to "skirt" around the storm? or Fourth continue to ride through it?  Of course I choose to ride through it.  I have done that many times.  It reminded me of the time I rode across the Mohave desert and the temperature was 110 degrees.  People reminded me it was a "dry" heat which meant it was really not 110 degrees.  So riding through the rain I would like to remind people, with certainty, it was a "wet" rain and I got wet.  There you have it.  The above picture is my destination when I do the two day ride to Glen Ellyn Il.  Near hear is the Prairie Trail.  I rode a 20 miler and had to remind myself it is mostly gravel with a high amount of walking traffic and rookie bikers.  That takes an adjustment to my normal riding terrain but it was well worth the ride.  I was the only one with a bell to remind others I would be passing them.  Faster bikers just zoomed by without so much of a "on your left".  Again, I needed to remind myself to adjust to this environment.  But all in all it was good.  More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment