Saturday, June 13, 2020



Weather finally turned nice.  Since last Sunday I have ridden four days for a total of 140 miles.  While the distances are getting back to normal, speed is down quite a bit.  I'm not sure I am too concerned at this point but we will see.  I am getting more encouraged about doing my first century since the new knee.  I'm still shooting for early fall but with the current heath situation it remains in doubt.  I'm also resigned to accept the fact the knee is as good as it's going to be.  The only problem is I would like a bit more flexion but it is what it is.  Another oddity.  It seems like fewer and fewer cars pass me giving me the whole lane even though no cars are approaching from the opposite direction. Also, my route to Bloomington is getting more and more crowded since the eastbound lane accessing the interstate are under repair. Thursday I took route 150 and on several occasions pulled off the road to let traffic pass.  The traffic was brutal so I may need to find another path Looking forward to my next century


No comments:

Post a Comment