Monday, June 1, 2020


                                           Cannon in LeRoy square

Riding is coming along quite nicely.  The weather is such that outdoor biking is getting better. Some days were quite windy so I continued indoors.  Last week with 4 days of riding  I accumulated a total of 140 miles.  On Friday with proper wind conditions I decided to ride to Downs.  That was supposed to be a 45 miler.  It would have been the longest ride during my recovery.  Ronni would pick up at that point. When I arrived at our meeting point I could tell I had a lot of "fuel" in the tank so I decided to finish my ride in LeRoy, a 55 miler.  So I arrived in LeRoy and felt I could have made it to Champaign  which would have been a 100.  But discretion being the better part of valor I hopped in the van and went home.  The good news is the knee felt pretty good.  Still not as flexible as I would like but good enough to ride distances.  It looks like I will be able of accomplishing  my goal of a century before my birthday.  Hopefully that will happen.  Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment