Tuesday, June 30, 2020


Biking is getting somewhat back to normal.  I am doing 30-35 miles three to four time a week.  The knee is in pretty good shape but without the flexion needed to use clips.  Instead, I use a pedal on the right foot with a strap.  It allows me to rotate without the foot sliding off the pedal and the left foot remains clipped.  For the first time this week convinced me I would be able to do a century sometime this fall.  While I'm getting my distance back, my speed in another question.  I have lost about 2-3 mph.  However, there are times my speed is where I want it to be but not for the entire ride.  I suspect that will come with  more training.  I should also mention that most motorists are very respectful but as usual there are always some idiots out there.  During my last ride I was being passed by a panel truck.  As it passed it slowed down, passed my by about a foot, and layed on the horn.  Again, idiot.  The heat has returned so I need to be extra careful remembering I'm still not conditioned like before.  But it will come and look forward to my first century in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment