Wednesday, April 22, 2020


While the weather has not been the best, cold and windy, last Thursday I rode over to Bloomington.  It was  a 35 miler and yesterday, 4/20 (no weed for me) another 30.  The knee is coming along well but not perfect.  I am not using clips so all riding, inside and out, is mashing.  No big deal since I mashed across America but I had gotten used to spinning with clips.  Just to let me know some motorists are still idiots, during yesterday's ride, a truck pulling a trailer passed me with little room to spare.  And, yes, it did capture it on my bike cam.  I posted it on my FB webpage.  There were no cars coming from the opposite direction so I am still somewhat perplexed as to why drivers are so stupid.  The only thing I can come up with is that they are IDIOTS.  On another note, I set another record at MidWest Orthopedic.  My left shoulder has been a problem for years.  Last March it bothered me so much I had them put a shot of cortisone in it.  Well, it finally wore off and the arm began hurting.  I go back to get it  treated.  After the x-ray the doc looked at it and declared "that is the worst shoulder joint I have ever seen". It needs replaced.   Yea, another record.  Another shot but this one lasted about 3 days and the shoulder is problematic.  It looks liked another surgery but I will need to see how it would effect my future biking.  Stay tuned, there's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment