Monday, January 6, 2020


No outside biking since my last post but I am getting closer to my goals at the gym.  I do single leg presses to strengthen the leg then head to the seated recumbent cycle.  Currently I am at 50 minutes and change the seat to increase the degree of flexion every 10 minutes.  I also do maximum spins every three minutes to work on conditioning.  This is followed by 40 minutes on the upright bike with a decrease in the seat level after 10 minutes to increase flexion.  To improve leg strength, I start at level 10 go to level 20 then back to 10.  Max spins at level 12 and 16.  This is followed by a half mile walk around the track.  I also do one pool session a week and ride my bike on my trainer in the basement for 45 minutes every other day.  So, to summarize,  while I'm still not where I want to be, by warm weather season I should be ready for some distance biking.  And, hopefully, by September I will be able to ride a century.  Keeping my fingers crossed and working toward that goal.  More up-dates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment