Sunday, November 10, 2019


Rehab update-Well it finally happened.  Took my first ride outside last Wednesday.  It wasn't much of a ride, just around the block, but at least I was able to ride.  My major concern wasn't whether or not I could rotate the pedals, but how my balance was effected.  As it turned out, the old adage, "it's like riding a bike"  is true.  My balance was not affected and my pedal rotation was consistent.  With no clips, I am able to move my foot to a position where pedaling without rotating my hip is possible and reasonably comfortable.  But, since the weather has turned harsh again, I will keep to my biking in the basement on the trainer and the stationary bikes at the gym.  Now on another note, I have just started aquatic rehab exercises.  And, this really makes a difference.  I will be going once, maybe twice a week.  So far, after aquatics, my knee really flares up.  I was told that is part of the rehab process.  It is taking the knee to a new level.  I'm looking for 120 degrees by Christmas. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment