Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm following the xc10 bikers and it is like de ja vu all over again. Barbie is doing the best job with her blog and she started with the 09 riders
Just returned from 5 days in North Carolina. Wife and sister-in-law visiting their aunt on business matters. All they needed me for was to drive them from place to place. (Can you say driving Miss Daisy) So, I loaded up my bike and while they took care of business I was off biking the local back roads. Unbeknownst to me, most of central North Carolina is part of the App. mountain range. For three days I was reminded of the cross country trip and all the climbing. I must admit I have gotten better at climbing or at least I think so. On three separate rides I encountered two to three mile climbs of 10% or better. Day one was intimidating but by day three I had gained my confidence. I also have gotten much smarter when it comes to traffic. On 6 separate occasions, with virtually no shoulders on the roads, when a semi truck appeared in my rear view mirror I stopped and got off the roadway until the trucks passed. I like to remind people that while I might be ignorant, I'm not stupid!
I have decided to meet the xc10 folks in Champaign.

5 comments:

  1. I'm green with jealousy. Oh, wait! I got to see the XC10 group off in Manhattan Beach. I guess it's only fair you get to see them in Champaign. Give Barbie a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm guessing you won't mind giving Barbie a hug for me too...Also give them the name of the Italian restaurant you found for us...one of better meals along the way as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will do. I also plan to take the entire support crew to lunch or dinner, whichever is most convenient, since it's a rest day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Champ! It was sooo GREAT to see you!

    ReplyDelete