Sunday, October 15, 2023

 

 


     Second try.   Half a page and hit a wrong button and lost the entire post.  So, here we go again.  Last weekend while visiting Eric for his birthday event we were joined by Christopher, Annie and our sweet grand daughter, Ruthie, for a three day visit.  Knowing there would be plenty of down time, I brought my bike to ride the route I trained on for my cross country ride.  The good news is I handled the hills and distance quite nicely.  I did notice one major change.  Garbage and trash littered the shoulder and right of way along route 51.  Very disappointing considering the amount of information given to discourage such behavior.  Well, some idiots just don't listen or just don't care. It was the worst I have seen in all the times I have ridden that route.  After the hard riding heading south with a S.W wind I looked forward to the "easy" ride with the wind at my back and mostly downhill.  Karma steps in and shows me to anticipate any and all circumstances. Crusing downhill hitting between 20 and 22 mph. and avoiding as much of the debris as possible, I experience that familiar feeling I have had so many times.  Tire Puncture.  This was supposed to be my relaxing time.  Not to be!  I could have taken the time and changed the tube but I called the lovely Veronica to come and pick my up.  End of the ride.  Since that ride I have had to suspend my outside rides as per instruction from the doctor who preformed Mohs surgery to expel the squamous skin cancer.  It was all removed but any strenuous activity was discouraged until my follow up visit next week.  I will indeed follow his instruction but I have begun my biking on the trainer in my basement.  However, I am looking forward to riding after my dr. visit.  Hopefully the weather cooperates as the outdoor season is rapidly coming to an end.  Enough for now.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment