Tuesday, August 16, 2022

 

 


 Today a friend asked "With all the negative news, does anyone have a good news story?" Just so happens I had an incident on yesterday's bike ride that fits the bill.  Cruising along a local street I observed a young man cutting his grass using a riding mower.  As I got closer, the guy stopped his machine (not turning it off) and disengaged the blade ensuring it would not project any objects into my path.  After passing I gave him a thumbs up and he continued his mowing.  Now that's a good news story if I ever heard one.  I know all the doom and gloom news articles that permeate the media get all the attention so this may not seem like a big deal. For me it is as I often dodge "green ice" and other obstacles that litter the roads.  Restores my faith in humanity. Well....maybe a little but something positive nevertheless.  

As to my recent biking excursions, it has been probably been the best two week stretch of biking weather in a long time.  Winds were reasonable, less than 10 mph with temps in the mid to high 80's.  I average 30-35 miles with a couple of trips to Magnolia. Stronger winds require "destination" rides  while milder winds entail circuit rides.  All in all awesome biking weather.  Getting a little anxious to do another "century" but we shall see.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment