Wednesday, August 4, 2021


 

 Another week of almost perfect weather.  Low 80's and wind under 10 mph.  30-35 miles per day.  I need to be careful to not overdue.  It's easy to do so I need to remind myself of that fact.  Especially when body parts start "humming".  On another note, it looks like the pandemic has had another effect on social behavior.  The amount of trash on the roads is the worst I have seen in years.  Beer cans dominate with soda cans a close second.  I had the mistaken belief that with all the recycling available people would be more likely to deposit their trash in an appropriate manner.  Not the case!  One particular stretch of route 24 is littered with about two dozen Bud beer cans that were obviously tossed from a vehicle.  I wonder what the person or persons who tossed them is thinking.  Maybe they will just dissolve, some good smarian will stop and pick the up or work crews will remove them.  Hard to believe this but it is what it is.  Still waiting for my first century and it's coming up on two years since my tkr.  Sooner or later it will happen.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment