Sunday, October 11, 2020


 

Got my route to Glen Ellyn figured our.  Unfortunately after I get past Ottawa the roads are crowed with traffic.  There are numerous roads but it looks like they are all pretty crowded.  I will use sidewalks and bike paths as much as possible.  Hopefully, the motorists will give me my space but we will see.  On another note, I am amazed that the primary road from Ottawa to Oswego, route 71, has a nice shoulder but for some reason they put "rumble strips" right in the middle.  That means I will use the road.  I know it pisses off motorists when a cyclist doesn't use the shoulder but other than finding another route I can't ride the narrow part of the shoulder between the rumble strips and edge of the shoulder.  Oh well, it is what it is.  I'm currently getting about 150 miles outside per week and the rest of the time I'm on my trainer.  And for the first time I was able to clip my right side for the first time since the tkr.  Can't wait for this pandemic thing to get over so I can return to my rides where I stay at hotels.  We aren't comfortable doing that at this time.  I still think I can get a century in before the cold weather sets in but we will see.  Enough for now.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment