Saturday, October 17, 2020

                                                     At Washington Park in Ottawa Il.
  

This was a most interesting week of bike riding in central Illinois.  It has been very windy all week but I still felt the need to ride outside.  Wednesday, with the wind blowing at 20-25 mph from the south I decided to ride north to Streator, a 55 miler.  The first 30 to Magnolia was a "breeze".  Pun intended.  But the next 20 to Streator was due east.  So, I had a severe crosswind for that 20 mile trek.  It was a battle and all I could think of was the Dalhart section of my cross country ride.  After arriving in Streator, I decided to reward my effort by riding north to Ottawa, another 18 miles.  So, another 70 miler.  Then, on Friday I decided to do my regular circuit around Tazewell/Woodford county.  I planned on a 40 miler but as I began I realized that may be a mistake.  The wind was from the wind at a blistery 20 mph.  As it turned out I shortened my distance to 25 miles and riding into the wind was brutal.  But it looks like my knee is holding up well but I don't think I will be doing any riding outside when the wind is that brisk.  All in all a interesting week of biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment