Friday, March 4, 2011

Friends I met during my ride in southern Illinois
Starting out from my son's house in Carbondale

Just returned from southern Illinois where I did much of the training for my cross country trip. Completed a 52 mile round ride from Carbondale to Anna and back. Quite hilly terrain but nothing like the mountains. During the winter I ride a stationary bike at the local rec center. I program it to do random hills. After riding through southern Illinois I have determined that random hills on a stationary bike aren't!! I plan on signing up for the East Coast Reunion ride from Maine to Florida after physical exam next week. Hope it's not to late but I didn't want to sign up before some doctor tells me I am a physical wreck and assign me to a nursing home to be kept under lock and key!! It looks like the outdoor riding season will be arriving shortly and I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Trainers can give you saddle time but its not the same as real terrain...

    ReplyDelete