Saturday, August 17, 2024



 

 FINALLY!!! Today with perfect weather conditions...wind WNW at 10 to 15 mph.....temperature mid to upper 70's I rode my bicycle from Washington Il to Champaign Il 100+ miles for my first century in over two years.  While my speed was somewhat slower than previous rides 16-17 mph I still covered the distance in under 7 hours. I did take an extra rest stop in LeRoy. I felt it is quite an a feat in that I had doubts whether I could accomplish this as it had been quite a while since my last ride of that distance.   Road conditions haven't changed much as Mansfield to Mahomet still resembled riding across railroad ties. That aside, it was a a great day for biking across central Illinois.  On a more interesting note, I had forgotten the amount of Chamois Butter to apply for long distance treks.  In addition to the "regular" areas, ample amounts must be applied to each "cheek".  This resulted in a rash on one cheek that is very uncomfortable.  A very valuable lesson that shall not be repeated!  More later

No comments:

Post a Comment