Tuesday, July 18, 2023

 

                                                           Coming back from Eureka Lake

After a brief respite from the Canadian fire smoke smog in our area the weather the last three days was unhealthy to the extent outdoor activity should be limited.  So, it was back to the trainer in the basement. During a normal summer, I would have already ridden my annual century to Champaign and taken a number of 50 milers to either Spring Valley or LeRoy.  Half the summer is over and I haven't ridden over 35 mile at one time.  I hope I'm not losing my mojo.  During my 30 miler last week I looked into my rear view mirror and noticed a biker behind and gaining on me.  As per my usual method, I increased my speed so as not to be caught.  17-18-20 + and it was still gaining  It wasn't long before it pass me quite easily.  And, yes it was an E-Bike.  Another example of me trying to outrun a n E-bike and losing.  I did notice though three things about the cyclist.  First he had no helmet.  Second he had no lights.  And third, he wasn't even peddling.  Just sitting on the bike like it was a scooter.  I wondered what, if any, benefit he received from this type of exercise.  But, oh well.  It is what it is.  To end, today was one of the best riding days of the summer and I certainly took advantage of it.  72 degrees, wind less than 5mph and air quality acceptable.  Still looking forward to some distance riding this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment