Sunday, October 23, 2022

Weather changing rapidly.  It went from mid 80s down to 30's.  We got a reprieve the last two days and rain is forecast the next two days.  Knowing this I rode what I think is going to be my last outside distance ride of the season.  A 50 miler to Spring Valley was my ride yesterday.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Virtually uneventful until I got about 5 miles from my destination.  At a cross road between Route 89 and route 71 is a four way stop.  Carefully checking the cross traffic and seeing no vehicles, I rode through the stop as is per usual for bikers.  Heading in the opposite direction a individual in a truck yelled "hey, that was a stop sign" implying I should have come to a complete stop even though there was no cross traffic.  I responded with something to the effect that "mind your own business, or something like that.  Ha.  Riding conditions were particularly busy primarily because farmers a taking their crop to grain elevators.  Therefore, I was dodging semis, and large slow tractors in addition to regular Saturday traffic.  But all in all, a great day for riding a bicycle in the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment