Monday, September 5, 2022

  



An early birthday celebration with family. First bicycle ride with my granddaughter. It won't be long before she leaves me in the dust. Oops, I mean in her wake....no, no, I mean she will arrive at our destination long before me.  And speaking of a  gallows reference, an incident last week easily could have put me into the dust bin.  Riding to Magnolia on route 89 north two cars were approaching from the south.  About 200 yards ahead the trailing car began passing the lead car and came directly into my lane.  There is no shoulder and the only bailout is gravel, grass and cornfield.  Unfortunately, I was looking down at my bike computer checking speed, distance and time.  When I looked up the car was within about twenty yards and coming at me in my lane.  Just before a collision, he cut off the lead car and barely missed me as I indicated to him that his actions almost cost a life.  I'll let the reader imagine my response.  Yet another adventure biking in the USA.  Probably try a 75 miler this week to celebrate yet another birthday. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment