Tuesday, June 14, 2022


 

As the weather continues it's up and down cycles I'm reminded of the story of Goldilocks and the three bears.  "This weather is too rainy and cold".A reason for not biking outside in the Spring.  Then "This weather is to hot and humid" as this weeks temps reached 97 with heat index of 110.  So, again, another reason for biking inside.  I was actually able to bike outside Sunday as "this weather is just right".    However, about 15 miles into the ride the sun came out and I realized I hadn't put sunscreen on my arms.  Continuing my planned route and risk sunburn on my arms or head back to the hacienda were my options.   Discretion being the better part of valor,  I turned for home.  Still rode nearly 25 mikes...not much of a ride but better than nothing.  

As mentioned in an earlier post, friend Jay on his ride from D.C. had to suspend his biking until last Sunday.  The good news is we met him at the Klondike Park campground near the town of Defiance Missouri.  He described out visit best in his blog.  " We meet up with my friends Champ and Ronnie, from a previous cycling adventure across Europe. All four of us head out to find dinner. After a thirty minute drive to find the restaurant closed, we find our way back to the local motorcycle bar near camp. It was loud with ZZ Top tunes and had lots of colorful folks. We had an an entertaining dinner!" Thanks for the "shout out" Jay.  It was great to see him.  Let's hope this weather settles down as I'm looking forward to my annual 100 mile ride to Champaign.  Later



No comments:

Post a Comment