Monday, October 11, 2021

 

 


                                                From my first century since my TKR

 More excellent days for outdoor biking.  Had two near misses on one ride.  My normal route, 35 miles, to Goodfield via Eureka was the first.  This time of year is the harvest season so there are many grain trucks, tractors and various other farm vehicles that occupy the country roads around Tazewell/Woodford county.  Coming to a T intersection the road from my left is controlled by a stop sign.  Me having the right of way with no stop, a semi-truck full of grain pulled into my lane from the left.  It made a right turn and headed directly for me making no attempt to avoid a collision.  Of course, I had to detour into the corn field to my right or get hit.  On my return along DeeMack road, two cars going into the opposite direction  approached me.  All of a sudden the second car decided to pass the auto in front of it which put it in my lane going into the opposite direction.  Once again I had to hit the ditch.  Two close calls on one ride is highly unusual.  Indeed I have it on my bike cam and unfortunately made a mistake of showing it to the lovely Veronica.  She was not pleased and suggested I might need to give up my biking.  I normally do not show my near misses and probably should have not done so here She's probably right but ain't gonna happen.  I can hit the ditch with the best of them.  Other than that many good days of biking with more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment