Thursday, September 9, 2021




 

Today's birthday ride was an attempt to bike a mile for each year since my birth. Mission accomplished. At my age it is not an easy task. Seventy four and going strong.  Knee is holding up well but at times gets a little gingy.  Rode thirty five to Magnola the prior day so over the two days 110 miles.  Yesterday would have been perfect for my first century but other obligations prevented my from it. Wind was from the NW at a brisk 10-15 mph, the temperature just touched 80 degrees and the humidity was low.  A perfect day for a 100 mile trek but I settled for my age.  Next time it will be done.  I had my regular heart checkup today and all is well.  The doctor was so impressed that I now take no medications (knock on wood) and said to keep up the cycling as it appears to have real benefit.  Very encouraging so I guess I will continue that activity. On another note, even as often as I bike, I still need to remind myself to take a day off to recover.  Usually it's after 5 days but the weather has been so good lately I hate to not take advantage of it.  But I must do so and that's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment