Saturday, November 21, 2020



 

Getting in the last of the season's outdoor rides.  Rode 110 miles over a two day weekend.  Another 70 miler to Ottawa on Thursday followed by a 40 miler on Friday.  Weather was favorable as the wind was a brisk 20 mph with gusts to 40 from the SSW.  The temperature neared 70 degrees and the forecast  for the next few weeks prohibits much outside biking.   Obviously Ottawa is NNE from Washington so it was a nice tailwind most of the way.  Crosswinds from Magnolia to Streator were interesting but doable.  Reaching Ottawa I was very tempted to complete a century.  Riding along rt. 71 into Yorkville would have been right at a 100 miles.  Forgetting the time change, it would have been dark if I traversed that distance and it is a very busy road with not much of a shoulder.  I suspect that was my last opportunity to complete a century before the end of the year but nevertheless, I am pleased with my progress.  Friday's ride was shortened because of wind and rain so after 25 miles I rode home and put the bike on my trainer to complete the 40 miles.  All in all a good week of biking.  Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment