Saturday, September 12, 2020

 
Knee update-It's about as good as it's going to get so my riding now is to built up endurance for distance rides.  After my 35-40 mile rides I feel pretty good.  Good enough, in fact, that I have determined I will ride from my house in Washington to my son's house in Glen Ellyn, close to 140 miles.  It will be a two day event of about 70 miles per day.  Ronni and I drove the route last week.  That was a good thing as I could record distances between towns and turns.  Also, checking road conditions favorable to biking and where construction sites that need detours was a huge reason for the road trip.  It begins in Washington to Magnolia along route 89 for 30 miles then turning east to Streator another 20. At that point I turn North for another 20 miles and end day one in Ottawa. The following day take route 71 to Yorkville.  Before driving the route I would have taken 71 to route 34 but a huge construction zone obstructs that path.  Therefore, I will divert around by using by going north on route 47 through Yorkville where I will then  connect with route 34.  Route 34 turns into Ogden Ave. which is a road with fairly heavy traffic.  That intersects with Naperville road which takes me to Wheaton.  From there it's city roads to Glen Ellyn.  I have not recorded distances for day 2 but will before I do the ride.  From that I will determine my physical ability to continue doing distances and ultimately the century to Champaign.  Now I need to get two days of favorable weather for the plan to go into effect. That's the plan so stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment