Friday, July 19, 2019

Reminder of the cold last winter because of all the whining about the heat.
Mad dogs and Englishmen.  Riding outside the last week was extremely hot 95 with heat index 110.  The good news is I would start out at around 7:30, do my 35-40 miles and get in before the extreme heat of the day.  My Friday ride was to Mackinaw, 20 miles, 40 miles round trip.  I got in around 10:30 just before the heat of the day set in.  Wind was from the SSW at around 15 mph but the trip back was fast.  Knee replacement surgery in August and I hope to turn my bike computer over to 10,000 miles. I should be make it easily.  My computer shows 9,776 so another 300 miles in the next 3 weeks should not be a problem.  Hopefully, I can do another century before my surgery but we'll see.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment