Sunday, July 8, 2018

Well, I'm at it again.  I have been asked to join some friends on a bicycle tour through......wait for it......Europe.  Got an e-mail from Tom that they had an opening for their Europe ride.  Had to reschedule some things but I couldn't pass on this great opportunity.  The ride begins in the small town of St. Nazarine near Nantes on the west coast of France, nips of the end of Switzerland, traverses Germany and, for me, finishes in Vienna, Austria.  Tom and Jay will bike a couple more days and end in Budapest, Hungary.  It's about 1,500 miles but we will be taking an entire month to complete it.  Over there it is called the EuroVelo6. As usual I plan to post a daily summary on this site.  We meet in Stuttgart, Germany and drive to our starting point with the support vehicle driven by our wives.  The average miles for the journey is about 59 miles per day.  Really looking forward to the experience.  Now, I must brush up on my French, German. Well actually, not so much "brush up"  since that implies I knew the language so I will try to learn some common phrases.  I don' think my Spanish will be of much help.   Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment