Thursday, October 27, 2016


Todays ride was my typical 40 miler.  While it was cool, 50 degrees, the wind was a mild 6-7 mph from the NNW.  However, for the first time in my riding experience I encountered a first.  Looking ahead on the country road I saw an object that I couldn't immediately identify.  As I got closer I was surprised to see a cow in the middle of the road.  Hoping it would not turn and charge me I turned on my bike camera.  Fortunately, the animal turned and began sprinting down the road.  I have never seen a cow run full speed.  It was hilarious.  When it reached the end of the fence line it turned and ran into a barn.  While I have encountered many animals on my many bike treks, this was my first cow.  All ended well and I went about my business.
  On another note, it looks like I will be buying a new bike.  It is a newer version of my Cannondale Synapse.  Looking forward to the new ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment