Tuesday, October 21, 2014


Riding my bicycle through the rolling hills of southern Illinois near Carbondale this weekend I encountered an  unusual  individual. Slowly chugging  up one of the steepest grades that are common around this part of Illinois, a car pulled beside me.  As it passed, it slowed to my speed and the driver rolled down his window.  Expecting some sort of verbal insult or visual hand gesture showing his disgust, as is most common in these situations, I was pleasantly surprised.  With a wide grin on his face he gave me a big "thumbs up" and yelled "good job dude",  rolled up his window and waved as he continued on his way.  Because I usually post  the negative incidents that have occurred during my biking experience it's about time I shared something of a positive nature. Cudos to that "dude". 

No comments:

Post a Comment