Monday, June 30, 2014

                                            
                                          Maybe this will be my new biking helmet
Need to quit relying on the weather channel for weather information. Sunday rain wasn't predicted until 8:00 pm. Started my ride at 5:30. By 6:00 I was riding in a torrential downpour. Last Monday's rain I was able to stay ahead of a storm until I reached the small town of Deer Creek. Stayed at a local bar until the rain passed. And no, I didn't imbibe.  It was only 10:00 a.m.  While I'm not adverse to such things, that violates my biking protocol.  I do not drink and ride at the same time.  When I drink I drink.  When I bike I bike.  To dangerous to combine the two. 
On another note, I am recovering quite nicely from the hit and run incident a couple weeks ago.  They still have not found the bastard who knocked me off my bike at an intersection and then quickly departed the scene.  I suspect Karma will deal with that individual.  My face doesn't scare small children anymore.  Well, wait a minute.  People say it scared them before I landed on it and turned me into a zombie.  Anyway all's going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment