Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mission accomplished. Today's temperature was mid 40's and the wind was out of the SSW at 15 mph. The forecast for the next week drops into the mid 20's so I figured I had a small window to finish my year biking 10,000 miles. 59 miles was the number of miles I needed to ride which was doable. Nearing the finish the bike computer reached 9,999.9 I was about half a block from my house. So, I stopped and carried my bike so it wouldn't turn over to 0. That was the most I had ridden in a year so next year I am going to cut back. Mission accomplished

5 comments:

  1. Nice Job, Champ. I want to be like you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks Barbie. But that's my problem. I've never grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reached my milestone on Saturday as well. 5,000 miles for the year. Cannot imagine ever getting to 10,000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. Living where that white stuff falls from the sky cuts into your riding. You need to move out here where it never snows and almost never rains. Three hundred plus days of great bike weather. Of course, that's why there are ten million people here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom, 5,000 will probably be my goal for next year and Jim sitting here with 5 inches of snow on the ground makes moving to California very tempting.

    ReplyDelete