Friday, September 28, 2012

And to think I never used to have a rear view mirror or wear a helmet.  
     I would like to thank the driver of the cement truck I encountered for adding excitement and adventure to my bicycle ride today. Mile after mile of cornfields and beanfields can often get boring and monotonous. The fact that, as you approached me from behind with no oncoming vehicles, and chose to not change lanes or even move over to the middle, I was forced onto the small shoulder consisting of dirt and rock. By missing me by mere inches it added to the pleasure of an otherwise routine bicycle ride in the country. In fact, after picking myself off the ground, to show my appreciation, I gestured in an appropriate manner and shouted "I'm having some fun now!!" or words to that effect. The next time you choose to do this, I suggest you stop so I can show you how much I appreciate your effort to make my day.
     And to think I never used to have a rear view mirror or wear a helmet

2 comments:

  1. "I'm having some fun now!!" I need to remember that one.

    Deborah says, "Half the people in the world are stupid and yelling at them isn't going to make them any smarter."

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah is absolutely correct. But sometimes I think I have to remind them of that fact.

      Delete