Monday, July 23, 2012

Well, I'm finally going to do it. For years I have resisted doing the "rag" ride in Iowa. However, several of the Washington riders do it every year and say they really enjoy it. Some of the 09 riders have committed to doing it this year so I will meet with them, along with the Washington riders, and ride the last two days. Now, here is the reason I haven't done it. It's too long of a ride....okay, that's not it. My impression is that it is a week long party with many inebriated riders and many inexperienced riders. Now, that might not be a problem but you combine it with the fact that over 10,000 riders are involved and you get the picture. Friday's ride is relatively short, about 40 miles, so I will "test the waters" to see if I'm comfortable in that environment. Another factor is the weather. It is projected to be in the 100 degree range both days so that may also play into my decision to ride Saturday. We will see and more later

No comments:

Post a Comment