Friday, December 11, 2009

It looks like the outside biking season is over for me. Until two weeks ago I was biking outside in 50 degree temps usually between 35-40 miles per day 6 days a week. So, now its on my trainer in the basement watching reruns of the Rockford files or spinning at Five Points community center watching (yuck) Fox news or ESPN. Basically boring stuff. I miss the outdoor rides. I delight in reading the communication between the people from last summers bike trip. It is a constant reminder of what great people I had the benefit of riding with across the country.
My presentations of the cross country ride is on hiatus until after the holiday season. It has virtually taken on a life of its own. With over 15 dates from schools, Rotary, Lions Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Sierra Clubs, I have fine tuned it based on the amount of time available and often run overtime. For an hour presentation I have a travelogue PowerPoint with scenery from across the U.S. followed by a musical slide show (can be seen on YouTube-refer to previous blog for site) with pictures featuring the riders from the trip finishing with a question/answer session. For shorter presentations I describe some of the experience, present the slide show followed by questions. I have had some of the most interesting questions and on a later post I must share some of them.
That's it for now and I wish all those who still follow this blog a joyous holiday season.

4 comments:

  1. You have really been riding alot. Are you planning on doing it again in 2010 ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really just trying not to lose what I gained during the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read your update. I have mailed my deposit in and getting geared up for Leg 2 in May. Blessings, Barbie

    ReplyDelete