Saturday, September 12, 2026


   Little buddy I met along the road, asked him "why do caterpellar cross the road"?     

   He replies....to see where all the chicken went!  Funny stuff!!                                    

Wow! Cannot believe it's the middle of September. No century yet but still time before winter sets in.  Another dry hot spell forced me into my trainer in the basement.  I'm getting real proficient in guessing if the people are going to Love it or List it.  Yep it's on HGTV which is interesting to watch while biking inside.  On another note, the son of a friend has inquired as to insights riding a bicycle across America. I have had several inquires since my RIDE and I start with my usual first line of questioning.  Are you doing it "lone eagle" or with a group?  What route are you crossing?....the upper U.S. which means many mountains or lower U.S. which means riding through three deserts.  I do mention if crossing the Mohave you must have a plan or it could be catastrophic.  Upon his reply he stated his mom insisted he do it with a group for many reasons.....the primary being safety.  Also, he preferred riding East to West and traversing the upper route.  He looks forward to the climbing and not a fan of dry desert.  Now I must inquire of my biking friends for information to companies that will meet his preferences.  I had thoughts of doing the ride with him but after due consideration, primarily my age, I think I will just advise and keep to my mini-rides.  Stay tuned for undates.  Also, this week I got a year older and am approaching, but not quite there, 80, which I hope doesn't restrict or impede my biking.  Time will tell.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment