Seems like this is becoming an annual event. Smoke from wildfires either from our western states or our Canadian neighbors are creating havoc on my biking routine. And, I don't like it.!!! Nothing to do but decide on whether to go ahead and ride outside or back in my basement on my trainer. The older I get the smarter I get.....maybe. I could use a mask or my neckerchief to catch the nasty smoke, but a ride with those barriers would be very unpleasant. The basement it was! Had a heat wave where the temp was in the mid 90s. I rode outside when it was 91 and decided that was enough of that. Now the smoke. It seems like my outdoor ride opportunities are getting more limited. I considered a ride to LeRoy was to happen recently as the wind was 15-20 mph from the NW. Did not happen. I'm getting to a point where a 50-55 miler is not doable since my training is inadequate. Riding a century seems like a small probability. Maybe the second half of this summer is better that the start. Stay tuned
Tuesday, July 21, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment